- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
This position is located in a factory environment and will require office and factory time each day. Strong computer skills are a must.
Must be self-motivated, work with little or no supervision, detail oriented and organized.
Symbol Mattress has been a proud American Mattress Manufacturer for 60 years. Our commitment to excellence has helped us become the 10th largest bedding producer in the US. Our business is in HIGH demand and we want you to join our family.
- Largest privately held mattress manufacturer in the US!
- Guaranteed, first shift work.
- Financially stable company and booming business for long term stability.
- Clean, safe work environment. We follow all CDC and State Guidelines for COVID-19
- Employee appreciation meals.
- Great benefits and paid time off.
- Hiring bonus after probationary period.
- Paid Vacation & Holidays (start earning vacation after probationary period and have 2 full weeks available after 12 months).
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plans, Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K with matching contributions
- Referral Bonuses
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Some heavy lifting.
- Must be able to lift / push / pull
- Able to pass a Pre-Employment Background Check and drug screen.
- Symbol Mattress Plant is based in Kissimmee, FL
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Receiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid Training: Yes
Shifts announced: N/A – fixed schedules
This Job Is:
- A job for which military-experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
Work Remotely: No